Aadhaar with Mobile Number: Linking your Aadhaar card with your mobile number has been made mandatory by the Government of India before March 31, 2018.
And, if you fail to do so your mobile number would be deactivated.
What is Aadhaar Card Number?
Aadhaar number is a 12-digit random number issued by the UIDAI (“Authority”) to the residents of India after satisfying the verification process laid down by the Authority. Any individual, irrespective of age and gender, who is a resident of India, may voluntarily enroll to obtain Aadhaar number.
The person willing to enroll has to provide minimal demographic and biometric information during the enrolment process which is totally free of cost. An individual needs to enroll for Aadhaar only once and after de-duplication, only one Aadhaar shall be generated, as the uniqueness is achieved through the process of demographic and biometric de-duplication
Finally, we have a UIDAI-approved process for linking your Aadhaar number with your mobile number from your home.
Before, this method we have to go retail store or service center of your telecom network for reverifying your mobile number. You need to carry your Aadhar card with you as the verification process will be completed only via a fingerprint scan.
But, now in the new year, we have a new working process that will make all this much more simple than before. you can now reverify your device without stepping out of our home.
Now, one can simply dial a number and follow the instructions presented by the IVRS ( Interactive Voice Response System) to link the numbers to yours Aadhaar card.
Here is the simple method to link Aadhaar card with the mobile number.
Steps to link Aadhaar card to your mobile number
Make sure you have your Aadhaar card and your mobile number (registered with your Aadhaar card) handy before Starting.
- Simply dial 14546 from the mobile number (you want to link to Aadhaar card) to connect to the IVRS.
- Select the respective option according to your residence (Indian national or an NRI).
- Press 1 to give consent to link Aadhaar with your number
- Now, enter your Aadhaar number and then press 1 to confirm
- Then, Provide your mobile number
- Give it permissions to fetch your name, photo, and date of birth
- Now the IVRS will mention the last four digits of your number you are linking
- If it is correct, then wait for OTP (one-time password) to come and after you get that enter it in your mobile number
- Now press 1 to complete the re-verification process
- If you want to link another phone number, then press 2 and then follow above steps
This process is way simpler than the other process
This process will stop the misuse of your Aadhaar data for opening illegal bank accounts or any other fraudulent activity.
Thanks for showing your interest in skullteck.com
if you like this content then support us by sharing our content with your friends.